Job Title: Automotive Design Engineer
Starting Salary: TBC
Role Type: Full-Time Permanent (35 hours a week) / Part time (20 hours a week)
Location: Wigan – Onsite. Commutable from Manchester, Liverpool, Preston & Cheshire
Who we are?
A new and dynamic engineering company with a development plan for a range of exciting products and with rapid growth plans over the coming years. With one product already in production and receiving rave reviews from the press and our customers alike, we are now looking for at least one Design Engineer to support current production and develop our future products as we continue to grow.
We are looking for a proactive individual happy to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment. The role will involve a wide range of design and development tasks, primarily, but not limited to motorcycles. The position is best suited to someone with experience designing to a high level in the Automotive Industry but all experience levels and previous roles will considered for the right superstar.
- Conceptual design and detail design for manufacture – primarily, but not limited to, motorcycles.
- Produce and maintain technical documentation.
- Optimisation through calculations, physical testing and FEA studies.
- Proactively introduce better ways of working and help us to evolve our internal processes and systems.
- Engage in development of future products as well as supporting current production
- Liaising and communicating effectively with our UK/Italian centric supply chain.
- Agility to work on a multitude of diverse engineering projects and technologies if required to support Langen Technology projects.
What we are looking for:
- Personable and customer centric attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised with a strong attention to detail.
- A passion for the automotive industry is also desirable.
- Experienced SolidWorks user is preferred.
- Deep understanding of manufacturing processes.
- A good level of hands-on practical experience either through previous roles or personal projects.
- General PC skills including MS Excel, Word.
- Flexible working to promote a happy work-life balance.
- Four day working week option.
- Funded motorcycle training and qualification.
- Personal development and training plans.
- Opportunity to make a mark on the company and industry as we continue to grow.
- Honest, open and fun working environment.
If this position interests you and think you've got what it takes, please send us your CV at email@example.com